We’re happy to say J&R is on the hunt for a New Business Exec to join us over in The Baltic Triangle!
This placement is offered in partnership with The Torus Foundation, so there are certain criteria you have to meet to be able to apply:⠀
- Be aged 20 – 29⠀
- Not be in full-time education OR employment⠀
If you meet this criteria, take a look at the job description below to see if you would be interested in becoming a New Business Exec:
As a New Business Executive, you’ll be responsible for working alongside the company founder to help identify new business opportunities and bring in new clients. To do this, you’ll be expected to use a variety of sales techniques including inbound and outbound approaches. Don’t worry if you haven’t got experience in this – we’ll provide you with the means to develop your skills in these areas and will work closely with you to ensure we’re working effectively as a team. What’s more important is the ability to demonstrate a passion for working with female-founded businesses, a desire to build new relationships and the drive to keep going and stay positive. Applications are welcome from people from all backgrounds – our differences are our strengths.
Duties and responsibilities
- Targeting prospective clients
- Generating new business opportunities alongside the Content Director
- Acting as the first point of contact for clients
- Sourcing leads and identifying new business opportunities
- Proactively contacting clients and keeping them informed on account activity
- Building and maintaining business relationships
- Networking and attending events as a representative of J&R
- Setting and attending sales meetings
- Interpreting creative briefs and offering creative ideas to projects
- A natural relationship builder
- A good negotiator
- An enthusiasm for supporting women in business
- A positive, self-motivated attitude
- Comfortable around new people and building new relationships
- Diligent approach to work with good attention to detail
- Able to take constructive feedback
- Vocal in group discussions and keen to share their own ideas
- Motivated and inspired by the company’s female-first ethos
Founded in 2018, J&R empowers small businesses to think bigger. We use our expertise in content marketing, social media, WordPress websites and SEO to help small businesses make smarter business decisions. Founded by Ruth Hartnoll, J&R is a female-centric company. We love pairing with small businesses in all forms – especially those with female founders and decision makers: empowered women empower women. Even though we’re a young, small company we take an active interest in our team and developing their skills.
Benefits of working at J&R
- Skills development and in-house training
- Regular personal development meetings
- Friendly, feminist team
- Diverse clients across a variety of sectors
- Dog-friendly offices in the heart of The Baltic Triangle
- Remote working up to two days per week
- Flexible working hours; choose your hours between 08:00 and 18:00
- 16:00 finish on a Friday
- Regular team socialising
- An unreasonable amount of office snacks
Salary & Hours
This position is offered through a grant with The Torus Foundation. You will not pay TAX or NI on your salary. Pay changes depending on your age, please find details below.
- 6 month funded placement, with a view to taking staff on full time if successful
- 35 hours per week
- 20 years old: £861 per month
- 21 to 24: £1,078 per month
- 25 and over: £1,149 per month
About the placement
This role is subsidized by The Torus Foundation, which is funded by the European Social Fund. This vacancy is only open to those who are aged 20-29 and who are unemployed, not in work, training or education. You will be asked to prove your eligibility for the role by proving that you are unemployed, your age and address.
Does this role sound exactly like you? To apply, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t wait to meet you!