Social Media Meetup is a monthly gathering of social media enthusiasts looking to learn, share and experiment alongside other marketing professionals. Each month there is a panel of expert speakers, hands-on advice and plenty of chances to network. Social Media Meetup encourages discussion, debate and solutions for small businesses looking to improve their social media skills.
To create a website which showcased Social Media Meetup as more than an event. To bring the offline conversations online.
After establishing a loyal fan base of regular attendees, Social Media Meetup wanted to update its website inline with its new branding. Whilst plenty of discussions were happening offline, its online presence needed to more accurately represent the positive impact the monthly meetups were having on small businesses. We worked closely alongside the Meetup’s founder to deliver fresh branding and a new, vibrant online space for Meetup fans to gain value from.
The site needed to show how the meetup was more than an event; it’s a community of people with real expertise.
To achieve this we:
- Added a blog for members to gain even more insights from and guest post on
- Included Mailchimp integration for the monthly meetup minutes
- Installed Google Analytics and Search Console tracking to help understand user behaviour onsite
- Created new service pages to promote the skills of the founder and trusted partners
- Built a countdown to the next meetup to encourage attendance
- Integrated several targeted contact forms to make it easier to get in touch with the founder
- Added dynamic counters to show the growing fanbase of the meetup
- A professional, unified brand both online and offline
- A valuable, information-rich resource that meetup fans can engage with outside ofthe event
- Launched in August 2018, we will update this case study with further insights whenthe data is available to us
What the client thinks
J&R came to our offices to provide training which was completely bespoke to our needs and offered lots of practical advice on how we can implement the changes ourselves. We wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them for your own small business.